Callaway Erc Fusion Driver Review
Related Equipment Reviews
At a glance
It incorporates the latest graphite composite technology in the crown and Callaway’s Tour pros all swear by it…but with the majority of the drivers in this test available for a lot less cash, this would have to be a long way clear of the pack to win our test. And while it’s a very good driver – you could even say one of the best – by no measure is it definitively THE best.
- None of our three testers hit it furthest and none liked it better than the rest.
- Pro Spencer like the Fusion well enough, but our amateur testers both struggled to achieve as high trajectory as they would have liked and lost distance as a result.
- Verdict: The large price tag and smaller head size mark this out as a club for well-heeled golfers who don’t suffer from tee-box jitters.
- If that’s you, chances are you’ll love its solid feel and consistent performance.
- The Callaway ERC Fusion Driver, is a great golf club which many professionals swear by as the best of Callaway's drivers.
- The Callaway Fusion's explosive distance is the result of Fusion Technology, which combines titanium and carbon composite.
- The 360cc head features a forged titanium cup-face construction for greater strength.
- The 11° and 12° drivers have more weight positioned in the heel and have a slightly closed face angle to help square the clubface at impact and reduce the chance of a slice.
- The 8°, 9° and 10° drivers have internal weighting which is more evenly spread across the perimeter and works with a square face angle to help golfers produce a straight, repeatable ball flight.
- The 'ERC' in Callaway's ERC Forged Titanium driver are the initials of Callaways founder - Ely Reeves Callaway.
Written on: 08/07/2008
I recently brought the Callaway ERC Fusion Driver and I have to say I wish Id tried some others out before. This was a bit of a rash decision and I feel like I was talked in to it. Ive took it on the range and no problems but on the course ive got no accuracy, im not catching anything sweetly and I am really struggling to get any kind of loft with it. This does not mean that its a bad driver it just doesnt suit my game… Read Full Review
“Brilliant driver. I love the Callaway ERC Fusion, its...”
Written on: 23/05/2008
Brilliant driver. I love the Callaway ERC Fusion, its so straight and fogiving and sweet to hit. I recommend this to anyone.
… Read Full Review
“Super Driver, i love using the Callaway ERC Fusion...”
Written on: 16/05/2008
Super Driver, i love using the Callaway ERC Fusion driver. The sound is so sweet when you catch it just right and the feel is awesome, you hardly feel like you've touched the ball. I can line up to the ball with this driver and feel co comfortable and confident. Im getting al… Read Full Review
“This driver wins beer for me . What else can I say....”
Written on: 12/04/2008
This driver wins beer for me . What else can I say. Drives the ball straight and far. Love the Callaway ERC Fusion driver… Read Full Review
“I have used the Callaway Golf ERC Fusion+ for the last...”
Written on: 17/03/2008
I have used the Callaway Golf ERC Fusion+ for the last 6 months, my handy cap is 9,ive been playing for just under a year and like this club a lot, my first match for the club is on the 29 march in the county scratch comp, now my club is no good to me,it doeen't say much for callaway ,i feel really cheated,now i ve got to layout and get used to a new club asp,i wont be buying anymore callaway.same… Read Full Review
“Have been playing nearly a year now,my handy cap is...”
Written on: 16/03/2008 by Tony richardson (1 review written)
Have been playing nearly a year now,my handy cap is 9,i have just been asked to play for my club in a match on the 29th of this month, now my driver the club pro tells me is not allowed,very unhappy wont buy anymore callaway products. It hits the ball very straight and long… Read Full Review
“Overall this is a great club which has helped reduce...”
Written on: 29/12/2007 by RobJones (1 review written)
Overall this is a great club which has helped reduce my handicap to 15. You will hit the ball at least 50 yards longer in my opinion and it can be straighter if used properly. I don't really believe that a club can make you drive straighter on its own - that depends on your swing… Read Full Review
“Exceptional distance and accuracy with a low boring...”
Written on: 25/12/2007
Exceptional distance and accuracy with a low boring flight. Hits it straighter than most other drivers- further than the Hogan CS1 but not quite as accurate- but then hogan was interested in accuracy above all else. Now illegal from 01/01/08 so cannot be used in club competitions. But still a great club and good for a fun round… Read Full Review
“I have used several drivers and unfortunately liked...”
Written on: 09/10/2007 by yourchiro (1 review written)
I have used several drivers and unfortunately liked this one the least. It has an odd feel and is not sensitive enough for my higher-handicap game. After trying the Callaway BB 460, there was no comparison about which club I hit straighter, further, and was more comfortable all the way through. I know there is a niche market for this club, but I'd stick with the BB 460… Read Full Review
“The Callaway Golf ERC Fusion is great! I'm only a...”
Written on: 29/06/2006 by tigawodds (1 review written)
The Callaway Golf ERC Fusion is great! I'm only a junior golfer but this really does add on a lot of extra yards, 50-60 yards, even more with a really good shot… Read Full Review
“Callaway Golf ERC Fusion+ - I can hit about 40 yards...”
Written on: 12/05/2006 by lewis69lewis (14 reviews written)
Callaway Golf ERC Fusion+ - I can hit about 40 yards more, a must have club. I got my club off ebay but direct golf have it on offer now, get one!… Read Full Review