Quicktime 64 Bit Windows Download
QuickTime is an audio and video player, first introduced for Apple devices. The software, one of the most popular multimedia players, can also be downloaded on Windows PCs. With a simple interface, the program efficiently handles multiple audios, video, panoramic media, and image formats.
For years, the QuickTime player has been the leading choice of Mac users.
If you’re already familiar with the features and navigation options, QuickTime download becomes a good choice for Windows computers as well. However, it’s important to note that the tool has stopped receiving updates and support for Microsoft’s operating systems.
QuickTime remained the most popular multimedia player for over a decade. However, with the increasing popularity of Windows Media Player, GOM Player, and Media Player Classic, QuickTime took a backseat. While Apple’s native software continues to come pre-installed with Mac, the Windows version needs to be separately downloaded.
The lightweight installer doesn’t require registration and takes only a few seconds before you can start using the abundant features. If you need a player for simple video files, this one will be sufficient. Moreover, it supports live streaming and comes with basic editing tools to accentuate your videos.
The only drawback is that QuickTime Player doesn’t support all file formats, and sometimes needs third-party codecs. Developed by Apple, QuickTime has always been known for its abundant features.
|App Name:||QuickTime Player|
|Version:||QuickTime Player 22.214.171.124|
|Updated:||November, 17th 2019|
|File Size:||39.96 MB|
|File Type:||EXE file|
|Requirement:||PC/laptop/tablet running Windows|
(Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64)
The program lets you play video, audio, and image content on Windows PCs. Moreover, you can use some basic editing tools, built into the software, to improve your creations.
For instance, QuickTime lets you trim, merge, split, and rotate video clips within a few clicks.
- Most importantly, everything you watch or create can be shared online via popular social media websites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
- QuickTime download supports several other features, such as the functionality to record the computer’s screen.
- You can also use the ‘QuickTime Broadcaster’ to live stream videos.
- Since the tool was first introduced for Mac devices, it still supports multiple plug-ins.
Part 2. Is there a 64-bit version of QuickTime for Windows?
These give you various enhancement features for the program. Currently, QuickTime can be used on multiple Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista.
QuickTime is one of the most convenient ways to import iTunes files to your Windows computer. Since the program is a native Apple software, it’s compatible with everything you’ve purchased from Apple TV or iTunes.
Part 3. Is it Microsoft's Fault to Ask for a 64-bit version of QuickTime?
In fact, the software optimizes files to be played on Mac. On the other hand, Windows systems receive other advanced features.
These include support for H.264, latest video compression technologies, support for HD movies with less bandwidth and storage, and high-quality streaming.
- Unlike other free multimedia players, QuickTime encodes and transcodes digital files to different formats.
- Having said that, it’s still far behind popular multimedia players in terms of features, compatibility with third-party codecs, and other factors.
- If you’re looking for a familiar, easy-to-use, and free multimedia player, QuickTime lets you conveniently play video, audio, and image files stored on the hard drive.
- Moreover, it lets you use a simple URL to stream content on social media channels.
- Unfortunately, the free version comes with limited features, which can be a deterrent for some users.
- However, once again, you can use third-party codecs and plug-ins to enhance the player’s performance.
Just make sure you don’t set expectations that are too high. After all, QuickTime doesn’t receive support for Windows anymore, and can’t be counted among next-gen, more sophisticated players available in the market.
With QuickTime Player, you can conveniently watch videos stored on the computer’s hard drive. The program also lets you stream content online. Just use a URL to start the video streaming on different social channels. While the app supports a good number of formats, the free version needs a few third-party codecs to play some files.
Fortunately, you can use certain plug-ins to improve the player’s performance. In the last few years, QuickTime has received some tough competition from leading multimedia players.
- Since it has stopped receiving support for Windows computers, a lot of people consider it a deadbeat tool.
- However, if you want to use a program with a familiar interface, live streaming options, and need to seamlessly import files from iTunes, QuickTime download will be your best bet.
- The classic multimedia player continues to receive admiration from fans around the world.
- Offers basic editing tools . Comes with a simple interface . Supports uploads to social media . by Christine Smith • 2022-03-09 11:19:47 • Proven solutions.
- For Windows 7: Click the start button and right-click on the computer.
- Select properties, you will see your computer information.
- Under system type, you will see x64 if your system is 64 bit.
- If it is 32 bits, you will see x86.
- For Windows 8: Press “Windows key + X” on your keyboard and select “System” from the options.
- Under the system type, you will see a 64-bit operating system if your computer is 64-bit or 32-bit (x86) if it is 32 bits.
- No, there's no 64-bit version of QuickTime for Windows accessible from Apple.
Part 1. How to Check if Your computer is 64-bit or 32-bit
- On 64-bit system the 32-bit QuickTime player as well as the other parts of it, run throughout your windows on the Windows-64 OS subsystem.
- Yes, it's not Apple's obligation to write something which does not exist.
- Microsoft wrote their program to JUST SUPPORT a variation in which they UNDERSTAND does not exist.
- Microsoft should mend its 64-bit variant 32-bit QuickTime or not use QuickTime in any way.
- To have QuickTime functionality in their 32-bit variant although not in their 64-bit variant when they say it supports the QuickTime codec is illogical.
Part 4. QuickTime Alternatives for Windows
- No, it is not their responsibility to create a 64bit QuickTime codec.
- Apple should actually create a 64bit tunnel that interfaces to the codec that is 32bit.
- They supposed that apple upgrades their applications and will be doing its job correctly.
- QuickTime has been the most closed and an incompatible protocol for long enough now.
A classic multimedia player for Windows PCs
- It only supports the things that Apple needs it to.
- It is also likely that Apple must have led Microsoft to believe that a 64-bit version of QuickTime was going to be released like a 64-bit version of iTunes for Windows has been released.
- VLC Media Player is the robust and most popular multi-format, a media player that is freely accessible.
- The VLC media player is most likely your answer in the event you would like to play music or video files in almost any format.
The VLC media player is the most protected, lightweight, and adaptable audio and video player around now, particularly in comparison to others that will play with uncommon formats.
- Easy User Interface.
- The UI of VLC is certainly a case of function over beauty.
- The vital appearance does however make the player very user friendly.
- Just drag and drop files to open or to play using folders and files then make use of the classic media pause, stop, jump, alter or edit the volume, playback speed, brightness, etc.
- An enormous variety of skins and customization alternatives mean the look that is normal should not be sufficient to prevent you from deciding upon VLC as your default media player.
Do not let VLC Media Player's simple interface fool you; audio and inside the playback, see tabs, video, applications are an enormous number of player alternatives. It's possible for you to play with synchronization settings including a graphical equalizer with multiple pre-set overlays, special effects, video effects that are Atom Light, audio specializer, and customizable range compression settings.
You are in a position to add videos and subtitles by adding the SRT file to the folder of the video. The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover numerous kinds of container format like VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, 3GP, OGM, MPEG1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime amongst others.
It lets you record sound, video, and screenshots in a variety of manners and manages an extensive variety of subtitles. The player provides a completely managed environment when it comes to connections to other splitters to both internal and external filters, decoders, without grappling with the DirectShow merit system, sound/video transform filters and renderers.
Internal filters aren't registered to the user's system from being messed up with system filters to keep it. KMPlayer supports an extensive variety of different formats, and manages both video and sound, meaning that after you have installed it, you should not have to use another player. Video playback is very striking thanks to the array of processing tools available that allow you the use of filters, change image properties, to sharpen and even make video captures from inside this system.
Compatibility: KMPlayer software works together with the desktop computer player. It's possible for you to stream videos that are local to your own mobile device via WiFi for those who have the Connect program installed on iOS or Android.
It supports almost every video format: VLC player supports almost every video and audio format that you can think of, without the need for any conversion or giving any type of error.
If you have tried watching a video on QuickTime and you get an error message, try VLC and the chance is that the video will play perfectly fine. Fast Speed: No matter the size of the video you are playing, VLC does not skip or crackle when you are watching a movie.
VLC is free: VLC is created by a non-profit organization and therefore it is free with no strings attached. You won’t pay a dime to use VLC player and no ads will be displayed to you. Record Online Radio Streams: VLC is popularly known as a way of listening to Internet radio, but it is also very good at recording radio for you to listen to at a subsequently later time frame.
It is an excellent method of simply keeping up with a show that airs at an inconvenient time for you. Add Logo Watermarks: If you want to personalize a video with your logo or company name, you don’t have to buy expensive software because VLC can do that for you.
You just need to know how to do it. Screen Capture: If you make tutorials online or you like recording your computer screen, you can also use VLC player to record your screen in high quality for free. Convert video files to MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, and other 1,000 formats with several simple steps. Convert multiple video files to other formats in batch without any quality loss.
Convert video files to optimized preset for almost all devices, like iPhone, iPad, Huawei phone, etc. 90X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology. Powerful editing tools help customize your videos, like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles, etc.
Burn and customize videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates. Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites. Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad, and other devices directly and vice versa. Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker,video compressor, and screen recorder.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6. Security Verified.
5,481,347 people have downloaded it.