Quicktime Download Windows Vista
QuickTime is an audio and video player, first introduced for Apple devices. The software, one of the most popular multimedia players, can also be downloaded on Windows PCs. With a simple interface, the program efficiently handles multiple audios, video, panoramic media, and image formats.
For years, the QuickTime player has been the leading choice of Mac users.
If you’re already familiar with the features and navigation options, QuickTime download becomes a good choice for Windows computers as well. However, it’s important to note that the tool has stopped receiving updates and support for Microsoft’s operating systems.
QuickTime remained the most popular multimedia player for over a decade. However, with the increasing popularity of Windows Media Player, GOM Player, and Media Player Classic, QuickTime took a backseat. While Apple’s native software continues to come pre-installed with Mac, the Windows version needs to be separately downloaded.
The lightweight installer doesn’t require registration and takes only a few seconds before you can start using the abundant features. If you need a player for simple video files, this one will be sufficient. Moreover, it supports live streaming and comes with basic editing tools to accentuate your videos.
The only drawback is that QuickTime Player doesn’t support all file formats, and sometimes needs third-party codecs. Developed by Apple, QuickTime has always been known for its abundant features.
|App Name:||QuickTime Player|
|Version:||QuickTime Player 220.127.116.11|
|Updated:||November, 17th 2019|
|File Size:||39.96 MB|
|File Type:||EXE file|
|Requirement:||PC/laptop/tablet running Windows|
(Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64)
The program lets you play video, audio, and image content on Windows PCs. Moreover, you can use some basic editing tools, built into the software, to improve your creations.
For instance, QuickTime lets you trim, merge, split, and rotate video clips within a few clicks.
- Most importantly, everything you watch or create can be shared online via popular social media websites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
- QuickTime download supports several other features, such as the functionality to record the computer’s screen.
- You can also use the ‘QuickTime Broadcaster’ to live stream videos.
- Since the tool was first introduced for Mac devices, it still supports multiple plug-ins.
A classic multimedia player for Windows PCs
These give you various enhancement features for the program. Currently, QuickTime can be used on multiple Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista.
QuickTime is one of the most convenient ways to import iTunes files to your Windows computer. Since the program is a native Apple software, it’s compatible with everything you’ve purchased from Apple TV or iTunes.
How to fix audio and video playback freezes
In fact, the software optimizes files to be played on Mac. On the other hand, Windows systems receive other advanced features.
These include support for H.264, latest video compression technologies, support for HD movies with less bandwidth and storage, and high-quality streaming.
- Unlike other free multimedia players, QuickTime encodes and transcodes digital files to different formats.
- Having said that, it’s still far behind popular multimedia players in terms of features, compatibility with third-party codecs, and other factors.
- If you’re looking for a familiar, easy-to-use, and free multimedia player, QuickTime lets you conveniently play video, audio, and image files stored on the hard drive.
- Moreover, it lets you use a simple URL to stream content on social media channels.
- Unfortunately, the free version comes with limited features, which can be a deterrent for some users.
- However, once again, you can use third-party codecs and plug-ins to enhance the player’s performance.
Just make sure you don’t set expectations that are too high. After all, QuickTime doesn’t receive support for Windows anymore, and can’t be counted among next-gen, more sophisticated players available in the market.
With QuickTime Player, you can conveniently watch videos stored on the computer’s hard drive. The program also lets you stream content online. Just use a URL to start the video streaming on different social channels. While the app supports a good number of formats, the free version needs a few third-party codecs to play some files.
Fortunately, you can use certain plug-ins to improve the player’s performance. In the last few years, QuickTime has received some tough competition from leading multimedia players.
- Since it has stopped receiving support for Windows computers, a lot of people consider it a deadbeat tool.
- However, if you want to use a program with a familiar interface, live streaming options, and need to seamlessly import files from iTunes, QuickTime download will be your best bet.
- The classic multimedia player continues to receive admiration from fans around the world.
- Offers basic editing tools . Comes with a simple interface . Supports uploads to social media . Total downloads:70,783 (259 last week).
- Latest version:18.104.22.168.
- Report incorrect info.
- QuickTime is mentioned in best media players for Windows.
- QuickTime 22.214.171.124 could be downloaded from the developer's website when we last checked.
- We cannot confirm if there is a free download of this software available.
- This free PC program operates ".dv", ".mov" and ".qt" files.
- The most frequent installer filenames for the program include: QuickTimePlayer.exe, QuickTimeUpdater.exe, PictureViewer.exe, QT32INST.EXE and SSW4B_19433FEA.exe etc.
Simple interface, plenty of features, and live streaming
- This free program was originally designed by Apple Inc.
- The most popular versions of the tool 7.79, 7.73 and 7.71.
- We recommend checking the downloaded files with any free antivirus.
- The tool is sometimes distributed under different names, such as "QuickTime for Windows", "QuickTime Virtual Reality", "Apple QuickTime Player -B".
- The program lies within Multimedia Tools, more precisely Players.
Should you download it?
- This free PC program was developed to work on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 and can function on 32-bit systems.
- From the developer:. A powerful multimedia technology with a built-in media player, QuickTime lets you view Internet video, HD movie trailers, and personal media in a wide range of file formats.
- And it lets you enjoy them in remarkably high quality.It’s a multimedia platform.Video from your digital camera or mobile phone.
- A movie on your Mac or PC. A media clip on a website. You may want to check out more software, such as 4Videosoft QuickTime Video Converter, nanocosmos QuickTime IMX Decoder or Autodesk FBX Plug-in - QuickTime, which might be related to QuickTime.
Used in tutorials
- This guide will teach you how to fix audio and video playback freezes on your Windows PC.
- QuickTime, the video format of Apple products, has a lot that you might expect of an official video player from Apple.
- First, you have a slick design that sometimes feels like it hides features.
- Staying true to Apple's core philosophy of zen-like simplicity, QuickTime is easily navigable and easy to use.
It performs basic functions like playback. The launch sometimes feels a bit slow, and if you want the most from the software, then you should upgrade to QuickTime Pro.
- That version lets you convert and edit your videos with greater ease.
- Designed to play the .MOV video format of Apple, the biggest problem is how inflexible it can be.
- You have other video players that can play several formats, and they are quicker to launch.
- The bottom line is that you have other free players out there, and some of them are more powerful.
- Apple recently added some new compression technologies to the video player that make the effort more worthwhile.
Video quality has also been greatly improved, and those seeking to view the content will see it from a new player. The download of QuickTime also includes iTunes which is great if you want that, but you should be aware that this swells your download size to more than 33 MB.
Any user whose attention is elsewhere could accidentally click the link that sets iTunes as their default audio player. Fortunately, iTunes can be uninstalled without the need to uninstall QuickTime. The latest video player can no longer open simultaneous files through its controls, and you have to adjust both the video playback and the audio speed for the best results.
If you choose QuickTime Pro, you should be aware that it has a primitive but, nevertheless, powerful editing feature. In addition, Apple boosted the playback feature using several different methods.
First, they created a full-screen mode that eliminates the playback controls. Second, they polished up the visual appeal. Along with that, the movie properties window has been simplified, which makes annotating movie files much easier. You can adjust the treble, volume, and base. The least valuable aspect of QuickTime probably relates to the new recording feature.
That sounds great in theory, but outside of basic recording, it does not do much more. When compared with the watered down Windows Media Player, QuickTime looks much better.
There were several instances with Window Media Player where you had minimal file details and no frame by frame advancements.
Try out a couple of different video players to find the one that you like best. Overall, QuickTime is a great place to start because a lot of computers already have QuickTime installed. It has basic features that almost anyone can understand.
If you just want something that is functional, QuickTime gets the job done right. Polished videos that look great. Simplicity that makes it navigable.
Converts and edits videos easily.
Limited video formats.
Q: What’s the importance of downloading the latest version of QuickTime Player?
A: We recommend downloading the latest version of QuickTime Player because it has the most recent updates, which improves the quality of the application.
QuickTime Player is an application that builds by Apple Inc. All trademarks, product names, company names, and logos mentioned here are their respective owners’ property. This site (autotechint.com) is not affiliated with them directly. All information about applications, programs, or games on this website has been found in open sources on the Internet.
We don’t host or store QuickTime Player on our servers. Downloads are done through the Official Site. We are firmly against piracy, and we do not support any sign of piracy. If you think that the application you own the copyrights is listed on our website and want to remove it, please contact us.
We are always compliant with DMCA regulations and respect the application owners. We are happy to work with you. Please find the DMCA / Removal Request page below.